Susan Hennessey of Lawfare and Rational Security fame joins Radha and Erin to wade through recertifying the Iran deal, social media shenanigans in the Persian Gulf, and whither the new Russia sanctions. Also on tap: all the leaks! and how we forgot about our $1 billion in foreign loans. Radha swoons over a baby hippo and Erin begs Loren to return so we can talk about Jon and Sansa.
- Peter Baker, “Trump Recertifies Iran Nuclear Deal, But Only Reluctantly,” The New York Times.
- Monika Nalepa, “The attack on Poland’s judicial independence goes deeper than you may think. Here are 5 things to know,” The Monkey Cage.
- M. Taylor Fravel, “Danger at Dolam,” The Indian Express.
- Barkha Dutt, “Could a war break out between India and China — again?” The Washington Post.
- Mark Champion and Marek Strzelecki, “When Trump Goes Abroad, Radical Change Follows in His Footsteps,” Bloomberg.
- Jana Winter, Robbie Gramer, and Dan De Luce, “Trump Assigns White House Team to Target Iran Nuclear Deal, Sidelining State Department,” Foreign Policy.
- Robert Windrem and William Arkin, “Who Planted the Fake News at Center of Qatar Crisis?” NBC News.
- Karen DeYoung and Ellen Nakashima, “UAE orchestrated hacking of Qatari government sites, sparking regional upheaval, according to U.S. intelligence officials,” The Washington Post.
- “While Fighting the Odds, Fiona the Hippo Becomes a Social Media Star,” NPR.